For many, especially women, unwanted hair can be a nightmare. Getting rid of it can be painful. Other options for removing unwanted hair were smelly hair removal creams, sharp razor, stinging wax, or painful electrolysis. But our advanced approach provides the ultimate solution… Now, men and women alike will be pleased with the results made possible by our state-of-the-art laser treatment.
In preparation for your laser hair removal treatment:
- Do not tan before 1 month of your appointment
- Shave the treatment area the day before your appointment
- Do not wax or tweeze within 3 weeks of your appointment
How does it works
- Laser hair removal technology works because dark colors attract light energy and hold it, while light colors reflect light energy. When the laser emits a light beam, the dark hair absorbs the laser energy and the follicle is damaged, prohibiting growth. That is why laser hair removal works best on patients with darker hair and lighter skin.
- Understanding the hair growth cycle is the key to understand why a patient requires multiple treatment sessions in order to achieve permanent (up to 85%) hair removal.
- Each hair passes through three distinct stages: anagen (the growing phase), catagen (the intermediate phase) and telogen (the shedding phase).
- If the hair is up and has visible pigment it is in its anagen phase. Its pigments can absorb the laser and the follicle can be destroyed. When the hair is in its resting phase or catagen/telogen phase it is not visible or capable of absorbing the laser light and no destruction of the follicle will occur. Therefore multiple treatments are required in order to hit each hair in its anagen stage.
Laser Hair Removal Machines
Gentle Max (from Candella)
The best laser for hair removal
The GentleMax is actually two lasers in one. It is Candela’s GentleYag (an ND:Yag laser) combined with their GentleLase (an Alexandrite laser).
It proved to be the best for all kind of hair and all skin types, on the review of New York magazine it was listed as one of the best 5 laser hair removal machines
The GentleYAG effectively treats all skin types, including dark skin, offering unmatched treatment capabilities in permanent hair reduction, leg veins, facial veins, wrinkles and skin tightening. Treat patients year-round with GentleYAG’s 1064 nm wavelength, multiple spot sizes, variable pulse durations and Candela’s patented cryogen cooling system (DCD™) for maximum patient comfort and safety.
Am I A Good Candidate?
Patients that are not candidates for laser hair remval include those who are:
- Currently taking Accutane or have taken Accutane within the last 6 months
- Have a history of or are at risk for melanoma
- Have only blonde or grey hair
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How should I prepare for my treatment?
Refrain from bleaching, tweezing or waxing of the area to be treated for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to the first treatment. Alternative methods of hair management during this time are shaving, depilatory cream or trimming with manicure scissors. Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, tanning creams and self-tanning lotions that dye the skin for a minimum of 1 week prior to treatment and throughout the course of their laser treatments. Sun exposure and tanning decreases the effectiveness of the laser treatment. Please shave or use a depilatory cream in the area the day before your treatment. This is to remove surface hair from the treatment site. Thick overlying hair (if not shaved) will absorb laser energy increasing discomfort, as well as reducing the amount of energy absorbed by the hair follicle.
How permanent is laser hair removal?
The averages of patient in clinical studies have a 48% reduction in hair growth after three (3) treatments, and up to 80% lasting reduction after five (5) treatments. Any remaining hair will be finer and lighter in color after six (6) treatments. Most patients require one or two touch-up treatment per year. The permanent reduction of unwanted hair can be done in any body parts, and may be used for all ethnic groups, and skin colors including tanned skin.